Each day, our editors scour news outlets from across the nation and the globe to find and share with you the most interesting and most relevant stories about commercial fishing. We update our site each morning with the latest news on regulations, sustainability and market trends — everything you need to make informed decisions about your business.
But we know it's not always possible for those who work at sea to check in with us daily. So each month we compile the 10 most-read online news stories from the past 30 days. Learn what your colleagues are reading and never miss a hot story with this handy list of our best-read content.
1. Trawlers exceed coastal herring quota
2. Shipyards for Alaska: Modernizing the fleet
3. Video: Great white goes after N.J. fisherman’s boat
4. Crab nab nets 150 illegal pots
5. Five fishermen airlifted from ice floe
6. Opinion: Why are we importing our own fish?
7. Salmon prices stay slippery
8. Searching for the Russian crab mafia
9. Fishing crews upset over aid ineligibility
Don't forget that you can get
fishing news headlines delivered
right to your inbox by subscribing to
our twice-weekly e-newsletter.