- The North Atlantic right whale population off Florida’s East Coast is going through a baby boom, according to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, which announced that its team spotted the fifth calf of the …
- Togiak, Alaska’s herring biomass remains healthy and ready for harvest this year. Meanwhile, the plight in Sitka will be whether the fleet can find fish of a size that the Japanese markets favor.
- An alleged scheme to sell an illegal bluefin catch cost a Gloucester, Mass., fisherman $26,000.
- Galen Alley, who set the Maine lobster boat racing speed record in his 30-foot Foolish Pleasure in 2011, will always be remembered.
- It’s the second year for the Crewmember Apprenticeship program hosted by the Alaska Longline Fishermen’s Association in Sitka.
- A poem by Sierra Golden.
- I feel obligated to confess, since I'm writing a pseudo-Valentine's post, that this is not a favorite holiday of mine.
- If you’ve got a story to tell, pull up to the burn barrel. The FisherPoets will make room for you. Join them in Astoria, Feb. 22-24.
- Whatever mixed messages the Trump administration may be sending about its view of man’s impact on the climate, its Interior Department is going full steam ahead on offshore wind energy development.
- Thirty years after the Exxon Valdez spill, Alaska’s Prince William Sound shows lasting scars.