- It may not feel quite like summer in most of Alaska today, but Thursday, May 16, marks the official opening of the state's summer salmon season.
- Bering Sea crabbers saw upticks in crab recruits during a good fishery for the 2018-2019 season, along with strong prices.
- West Coast fishing communities earned millions of dollars from a trial program allowing fishermen to cash in on rebounding rockfish populations
- West Coast swordfish stocks are on the upswing, but Homeland Security stipulations could mean fewer of them will be offloaded at docks in California.
- The owner-operator of the ill-fated Oregon Dungeness boat Mary B II tested positive for amphetamine, methamphetamine and alcohol, according to an accident report from the U.S. Coast Guard. On Monday, April 13, a panel of …
- Ryland Bell chases powder days across the globe by winter and salmon throughout Southeast Alaska by summer, getting paid for both.
- California Dungeness crabbers draw the short straw again this season.
- Similar to a weather forecast, what the Alaska Department of Fish and Game predicts and what materializes may be entirely different.
- As many of you know, this is the last issue we will ship under the guidance of our longtime leader, Jerry Fraser.
- It all started a couple of years ago when I was looking for a really basic seaweed salad — the kind you get in a Japanese restaurant — glassy green kelp with sesame seeds and …