- China ranks dead last in the new global index while Belgium was the top-ranked country, marked least vulnerable to IUU fishing. The U.S. ranked right in the middle.
- Jones served for 34 years on Capitol Hill and in the North Carolina Legislature. Throughout his career, he was a bright supporter of the state’s commercial fishing industry.
- For the 2019 Gulf of Mexico shrimping season, industry members expect the market for their wild product to remain stable for at least the first half of the year
- The North Atlantic right whale population off Florida’s East Coast is going through a baby boom, according to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, which announced that its team spotted the fifth calf of the …
- Togiak, Alaska’s herring biomass remains healthy and ready for harvest this year. Meanwhile, the plight in Sitka will be whether the fleet can find fish of a size that the Japanese markets favor.
- We represent U.S.-based aquaculture producers and related businesses that are committed to supplying American consumers with safe, high-quality, nutritious and sustainable fish and seafood. We are writing to challenge the “facts” cited in the March …
- Retirement isn’t for everyone. A perfect example is 71-year-old Peter Darna who has fished his whole life, as did his father and grandfather before him.
- A poem by Sierra Golden.
- I feel obligated to confess, since I'm writing a pseudo-Valentine's post, that this is not a favorite holiday of mine.
- If you’ve got a story to tell, pull up to the burn barrel. The FisherPoets will make room for you. Join them in Astoria, Feb. 22-24.