- Wednesday marked the start of the commercial shrimping season in South Carolina, with fisherman taking to the water two months earlier than last year.
- Nearly all Alaska salmon permits have gone up in value since last fall and buying, selling, and trading action is brisk.
- It’s never too early to start thinking about your plans for Pacific Marine Expo. The NFL schedule was in our favor this year, and we are excited to bring the show back to a more …
- Personal glimpses that chronicle the fishing life make up the Alaska Young Fishermen’s Almanac and the call is out for submissions.
- Oregon state lawmakers are proposing a bill which would provide nearly $2 million to study and respond to the effects of rising ocean temperatures, low oxygen levels and ocean acidification.
- Commercial fishermen are used to overcoming challenges. Whether it’s extreme weather events or a changing market and regulations, we work hard and adapt to carve out a living for our families. We represent a new …
- Many seafood mislabeling reports miss the target — and the point.
- Editing National Fisherman was a job with many benefits, the greatest of which has been meeting fishermen from around the country and in quite a few instances making trips.
- Luke Williams wasn’t afraid to enter his favorite Southeast Alaska fisheries from the ground up. Williams, 38, lives in Haines and has been no stranger to gillnetting for salmon and Dungeness crabbing since he worked …
- We grieved when we learned of the passing of Luis Ribas, 60, in January.