- Personal glimpses that chronicle the fishing life make up the Alaska Young Fishermen’s Almanac and the call is out for submissions.
- Oregon state lawmakers are proposing a bill which would provide nearly $2 million to study and respond to the effects of rising ocean temperatures, low oxygen levels and ocean acidification.
- The Panhandle plans to be the next Alaska region to give new life to old fishing gear by sending it to plastic recycling centers. The tons of nets and lines piled up in local lots …
- The Ole Betts Sea, a Gulf of Mexico shrimper operating out of Fort Myers Beach, Fla., left port on March 13, 2018, and headed out to a spot about 18 miles northeast of the island …
- Trident Seafoods announced today that its False Pass processing facility in Alaska's Aleutian Islands suffered damages from a reportedly "minor fire."
- Many seafood mislabeling reports miss the target — and the point.
- Editing National Fisherman was a job with many benefits, the greatest of which has been meeting fishermen from around the country and in quite a few instances making trips.
- Luke Williams wasn’t afraid to enter his favorite Southeast Alaska fisheries from the ground up. Williams, 38, lives in Haines and has been no stranger to gillnetting for salmon and Dungeness crabbing since he worked …
- We grieved when we learned of the passing of Luis Ribas, 60, in January.
- The Alaska hatchery program is here to serve the public, our environment, and ensure sustainable salmon runs for generations. That’s something for which we can all be proud.