With multimedia solutions in print and online, and an active, engaged readership base, National Fisherman media products deliver the broadest reach into the commercial marine industry. Advertising with us can help bring more customers to your business — don’t delay, contact a member of the sales team today!
- General Info
Readers from coast to coast depend on it to stay up to date on news, regulations, fish stocks, to research purchasing decisions and to stay informed of the newest vessel and product technology. And, with the evolution of online advertising there are more options than ever for you to get your message in front of National Fisherman’s qualified audiences.
Whether you choose to advertise in print, online, or both, there’s no better way to make sure your advertising has a national reach as well as comprehensive regional coverage than by placing your ad with National Fisherman.
National Fisherman Readers:*
- 62% actively use the magazine when making purchasing decisions.
- 88% are involved in purchasing decisions.
- After seeing an advertisement in National Fisherman 54% of readers bought a product or service and 99% either contacted the company directly or visited their website.
When National Fisherman readers and evaluating options prior to making a purchasing decision, they consider the brand name of the product to be very important in the decision making process. Consider the following:
*National Fisherman Reader Survey, Publisher’s Own Data
28,000** subscribers across the country use National Fisherman to:
- Get new regulation information
- Shop for communications equipment
- Research new fishing technology
- Buy a boat or improve their existing boat
- Buy or research wheelhouse electronics
- Repower their vessel
- Identify websites for online research
- Get show/even information
- Network with other fishermen
- Look for new products
- Learn gear repair/improvement techniques
- Display Ad Configurations
National Fisherman subscribers number over 30,000* and are primarily commercial fishermen who are vessel owners, captains or operators. An important large secondary audience consists of charter boat operators, workboat operators and other marine professionals. This totals tens of thousands of serious buyers of boats, electronics, engines and all types of fishing gear and services.
Display Ad Sizes & Dimensions
Full Page Trim Size – 8 1/8″ x 10 7/8″
Bleeds – Bleed size: 8 3/8″w x 11 3/8″h. Two-page spread: 16.75″ x 11.375″h. Keep live area, including test, a minimum of 3/8″ from trim edges of 8 1/8″ x 10 7/8″
Sizes and Dimensions (for live matter):
Unit Vertical (width x height) Horizontal (width x height) Full Page 7″ x 10″ (non-bleed) 2/3 Page 4 9/16″ x 10″ 7″ x 6 ½” Half Page 3 5/16″ x 10″ 7″ x 4 7/8″ Junior Page 4 ½” x 7″ 1/3 Page 2 3/16″ x 10″ 7″ x 3 ¼” 1/3 Page Square 4 9/16″ x 4 7/8″ 1/4 Page 3 5/16″ x 4 7/8″ 7″ x 2 3/8″ 1/6 Page 2 3/16″ x 4 7/8″ 4 9/16″ x 2 5/16″ 1/6 Page Square 3 5/16″ x 3 3/16″
Display Ad Configurations
Requirements & Material Specifications
Preferred File Format: High resolution, print-ready PDF
Other Acceptable formats – Ads should be created in In Design and must include all postscript printer and screen fonts. We accept supporting files for graphics, logos and art in the following applications.
- Adobe Illustrator (v 11.0 and higher) eps/ai (PC or MAC) (All fonts should be converted to outlines, all logos should be embedded).
- Adobe Photoshop (v 9.0 and higher) eps/tiff/pcx (PC or MAC) Text should be created in separate vector based program for optimum resolution.
- Adobe Acrobat (v 7.0 and higher) Note: The resolution for pixel-based graphics must be no lower than 300 dpi. The resolution for line art (including all headlines and text) must be 1200 dpi for optimum resolution.
Production Charges – Production charges will be incurred for file preparation, or other services that may be required by the publisher to make the ad print ready. If supplied material does not meet size specifications or arrives without an approved color proof, charges may be incurred for resizing the ad or providing an approved color proof for press match.
Rate Card No. 88 Effective January 1, 2017
*National Fisherman Verified Audit Statement June 2016
- Contact a Sales Rep
Eastern United States & Canada, Europe & Africa
Click here to email Kristin
Western United States & Canada, Far East & Pacific Rim
Click here to email Susan
Gulf States, Mid-South States, Mexico, Central America, South America
Click here to email Mike
121 Free Street
Portland, ME 04101
Tel: (207) 842-5608
Fax: (207) 842-5609
Download the 2018 Editorial Calendar Download the 2018 North Pacific Focus & PilotHouse Guide Media Kit