National Fisherman is hiring a Digital Project Manager
The Digital Product Manager is expected to take ownership of the content published on nationalfisherman.com that is also distributed in the NF App. The Digital Product Manager will select content from the site/app to appear in quarterly print editions of National Fisherman magazine. All of this content will be connected to a content strategy that speaks to the established commercial fishing audience while also creating a pathway for the growth of this audience. This content also needs to be meaningfully connected to the Pacific Marine Expo Free Education Program in a way that the Digital Product Manager outlines. The Digital Product Manager will also actively work with the sales team to ensure revenue targets are met and with the marketing team to support content messaging and the creation of lead generation reports.
- Maintain day-to-day management of personal, staff editorial, and freelance contributions to meet weekly and monthly goals for the number and types of articles produced on the site
- Contribute content to the site, setting a standard that others can adhere to and reference
- Manage the editorial calendar
- Work with the Editorial Director to manage the budget for freelance contributors and with the Publisher to ensure efforts are properly connected to the larger content strategy
- Independently develop new types of content based around popular industry topics and keywords
- Work with the marketing team to define the messaging and programming that makes up the PME Free Education Program while also appropriately defining outreach campaigns
- Create or define industry reports that fuel marketing campaigns to increase database segments
- Connect with sponsors to produce sponsored content as contracted by the sales team, which can be in support of their presence at the Expo or as part of a dedicated digital sponsorship
- Maintain positive professional relationships with industry experts, and the PME Advisory Board
- Define and manage the process for the delivery of the weekly National Fisherman Newsletters
- Coordinate and host National Fisherman webinars
- Cultivate the social media presence of National Fisherman
- Engage with the community via the National Fisherman App
- Actively collaborate with the entire team to pass along relevant insights and updates as they pertain to industry trends and opportunities
Responsibilities and Scope
KNOWLEDGE: Applicants need to be self-starters who have excellent communication skills and are open to collaboration. Expectations will be to track the competitive landscape to identify trends and opportunities for new content, potential sponsorships, and marketing initiatives
SKILLS: Strong copywriting and editing skills are required. Applicants need to be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products is preferred. Must be comfortable with video equipment and video editing.
ABILITIES: Applicants need to possess excellent interpersonal skills along with the ability to work across departments. In addition to their community and content duties, applicants will be expected to connect with the marketing team to ascertain the performance of industry reports and determine the best fit for new campaigns while also working with the sales team to assess and discuss the digital pipeline.
While there are no direct reports to this position, the Digital Product Manager will be responsible for sourcing and managing freelance and contract contributors including providing editorial direction and managing payments.
TRAVEL: Required; will attend commercial fishing events and other industry gatherings, as assigned, and publish event coverage during and after the Expo. Incumbent should be prepared to speak and present at these events as needed or requested by management and/or organizers.