November 4, 2014
Icelandic fisherman catches 110 pound cod is No. 1 story for October
Each day, our editors scour news outlets from across the nation and the globe to find and share with you the most interesting and most relevant stories about commercial fishing. We update our site each morning with the latest news on regulations, sustainability and market trends — everything you need to make informed decisions about your business.
But we know it's not always possible for those who work at sea to check in with us daily. So each month we compile the 10 most-read online news stories from the past 30 days. Learn what your colleagues are reading and never miss a hot story with this handy list of our best-read content.
1. Icelandic fisherman catches 110 pound cod
2. Crab spill cleaned up by hungry motorists
3. Skipper pleads guilty to being asleep at helm
4. Alberta kills commercial fishing industry
5. America and Russia in standoff over fish
6. Fishermen: bluefin fishing best in 10 years
7. Buyers puzzled over chum salmon prices
8. Barrow, Alaska, woman whaler makes local history
9. Herring, tuna fishing worlds collide at sea
10. Cook Inlet harvest yields glut of pinks, pricier reds
Don't forget that you can get
fishing news headlines delivered
right to your inbox by subscribing to
our twice-weekly e-newsletter.