Each day, our editors scour news outlets from across the nation and the globe to find and share with you the most interesting and most relevant stories about commercial fishing. We update our site each morning with the latest news on regulations, sustainability and market trends — everything you need to make informed decisions about your business.
But we know it's not always possible for those who work at sea to check in with us daily. So each month we compile the 10 most-read online news stories from the past 30 days. Learn what your colleagues are reading and never miss a hot story with this handy list of our best-read content.
1. Fishing vessel explodes in Valdez Harbor
2. As Alaska waters warm, odd fish show up
3. Mitsubishi to buy salmon producer for $1.39 billion
4. Biologists try to figure out large fall chinook runs
5. Fraser River sockeye run size uncertain, but ‘great’
6. Pacific Northwest warming may have natural roots
7. Calif. lobster poacher facing serious jail time
8. Fraser River sockeye run still avoiding U.S. waters
9. Alaska's salmon catch tops 148 million fish
10. Scientists: Oysters show climate change signs
Don't forget that you can get
fishing news headlines delivered
right to your inbox by subscribing to
our twice-weekly e-newsletter.