May 1, 2014
April's top story: Too many salmon in the sea?
Each day, our editors scour news outlets from across the nation and the globe to find and share with you the most interesting and most relevant stories about commercial fishing. We update our site each morning with the latest news on regulations, sustainability and market trends — everything you need to make informed decisions about your business.
But we know it's not always possible for those who work at sea to check in with us daily. So here's a handy list of the 10 most-read online news stories from the past 30 days.
Top 10 stories in April
1. Too many salmon in the sea?
2. Research vessel collides with right whale
3. Dogfish ‘everywhere’, but sales go nowhere
4. Fishermen rescued off California coast
5. Whaling around the world: How Japan compares
6. Herring haven't rebounded
7. Fishing quota 'rollover' sunk by judge
8. Editorial: Grim message on NOAA accountability
9. Prices low, but Sitka herring catch strong
10. Nonprofit backs suit against NOAA policy
Don't forget that you can get
fishing news headlines delivered
right to your inbox by subscribing to
our twice-weekly e-newsletter.