January 8, 2015
Crab boat sits on bottom: ‘Unrecoverable’ is the No. 1. story for December
Each day, our editors scour news outlets from across the nation and the globe to find and share with you the most interesting and most relevant stories about commercial fishing. We update our site each morning with the latest news on regulations, sustainability and market trends -- everything you need to make informed decisions about your business.
But we know it's not always possible for those who work at sea to check in with us daily. So here's a handy list of the 10 most-read online news stories from the past 30 days.
Top 10 stories in December
1. Crab boat sits on bottom: ‘Unrecoverable’
2. Crewmen’s relatives slam trawler owners
3. Sign of the times: Fleet for sale
4. Coast Guard assists disabled fishing vessel
5. Four more bodies recovered from Oryong 501
6. Signs of banner year for Dungeness crab fishery
7. Woman bites clam, finds $3K pearl
8. Killer virus threatens $4 billion oyster industry
9. Trawler deaths highlight Arctic issues
10. Coast Guard rescues 5 off Oregon coast
Don't forget that you can get
fishing news headlines delivered
right to your inbox by subscribing to
our twice-weekly e-newsletter.