Ocean Joy Cruises is seeking a Maintenance Manager/Boat Captain
Come join our team!
OCEAN JOY CRUISES, HAWAII – a family owned and operated business, is home of the Kai ‘Oli’Oli, a state-of-the-art 61’ power catamaran, specifically designed for what we do. Be a part of the magical moments our crew and skilled captains have been creating since 2003. We take guests on dolphin/whale watching, snorkeling cruises and private charters from the beautiful Ko Olina Resort & Marina.
We are seeking a Maintenance Manager who will also fill the role of part-time Captain. Our ideal candidates have strong mechanical/preventive maintenance/troubleshooting skills, great communication skills, strong situational awareness and decision-making skills, excellent judgment, and can remain calm under pressure. 50T license and valid credentials are required. Minimum 1 year of Captain experience in Hawaiian waters preferred.
Preferred experience and skills in:
• Marine diesel mechanics
• Inboard Caterpillar iC7 diesel engines
• Preventive vessel maintenance
• Electrical problem solving
• Evaluating improvements to the vessel and operations
• Marine head maintenance
Our Maintenance Manager is responsible for keeping the Kai ‘Oli’Oli ready to perform at its best every day, including:
• Leading all mechanical projects, delegating lighter duties to the other captains and crew
• Hiring and overseeing outside specialists for major mechanical work
• Scheduling and leading dry dock projects during haul outs
• Ordering, stocking, and maintaining organization of tools onboard
• Organizing and maintaining parts and tools in our Kapolei warehouse
• Coordinating with Operations Manager to maintain all certifications/permits (ex. CUP & COI)
As a Captain with Ocean Joy Cruises, you are responsible for the safety of all passengers and crew, the safe operation of the vessel, and sharing your knowledge of the coastline and marine life, while complying with the Dolphin SMART program we voluntarily take part in. We support the Dolphin SMART mission of respecting marine life by following specific guidelines to ensure the health of marine mammals, helping wild dolphin conservation through responsible viewing.
This is a salaried position including:
• $65k+ based on skills and experience
• Health insurance
• Paid vacation & sick days
• Free uniforms
• Tips when Captain
• Annual Christmas bonus
Applicants must be capable of maintenance work at night and working long hours in an outdoor environment. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of standard DOT drug and alcohol testing.
To apply, please email resume or apply online.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers