Each day, our editors scour news outlets from across the nation and the globe to find and share with you the most interesting and most relevant stories about commercial fishing. We update our site each morning with the latest news on regulations, sustainability and market trends — everything you need to make informed decisions about your business.
But we know it’s not always possible for those who work at sea to check in with us daily. So here’s a handy list of the 10 most-read online news stories from the past 30 days.
Top 10 stories in May
1. Crab nab nets 150 illegal pots
2. Nova Scotia fisherman lands huge halibut alone
3. 60 Minutes: Wild or farmed?
4. Salmon catch could be the last good one
5. Is Copper River salmon overhyped?
6. Bristol Bay salmon run may be very early
7. Buyer says she was pressured to mislabel fish
8. Wash. geoduck diver critically hurt in accident
9. Alaskan fisherwoman publishes cookbook
10. Will Cook Inlet salmon go to the feds?
Don’t forget that you can get
fishing news headlines delivered
right to your inbox by subscribing to
our twice-weekly e-newsletter.