Written by Linc Bedrosian
OGUNQUIT - The intensive search for the body of a Cape Neddick fisherman who has been missing since late Thursday is over, according to authorities.
Maine Marine Patrol Sgt. Robert Beal said the attempt to locate 51-year-old Billy McIntire concluded about 5:30 p.m. Sunday.
Beal said the effort to find the well-known tuna fisherman will continue Monday but on a less rigorous scale.
Beal met with McIntire's family members Sunday night and they indicated to him that they understood why the search would be scaled back.
"We will mix (the search) into our daily routine," Beal said. "It's a very close family and this is a real tragedy."
Read the full story at Portland Press Herald>>
Fishermen throughout the Gulf of Mexico are praising Louisiana officials for a series of strong decisions last week that have broken the deadlock of red snapper management in the Gulf of Mexico.Read more...
According to the Portland Press Herald, the Maine Seaweed Festival has been canceled this year due to a rift between the event’s organizers and seaweed harvesters.Read more...